1. DISHA Dashboard launched by the Ministry of Rural Development aims at:
a. Spreading digital literacy among all sections of the society.
b. To facilitate real-time data driven decision making relating to Government schemes.
c. Providing a single window for information regarding passenger amenities available at the station.
d. Providing a platform for citizens for the issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital format.
Answer : b
• Option a- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) to make 6 crore rural households digitally literate. By Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITy).
• Option c – by Western Railways
• Option d – Digital-Locker app by MEITy
2. Read the following statements relating to Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA).
I. It is being implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
II. The scheme is a conditional cash transfer scheme for pregnant and lactating women of 19 years of age or above for the first two live births.
III. To provide fixed-day assured, comprehensive and quality ante-natal care universally to all pregnant women on the 9th of every month.
IV. Its objective is reducing maternal and infant mortality by promoting institutional delivery among pregnant women.
Identify the statements that is / are correct
a. I & II only
b. III only
c. IV only
d. II only
Answer : b
• PMSMA is implemented by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
• Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is a centrally sponsored scheme which is being implemented with the objective of reducing maternal and infant mortality by promoting institutional delivery among pregnant women.
• Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a maternity benefit rechristened from erstwhile Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana. It is a conditional cash transfer scheme for pregnant and lactating women of 19 years of age or above for first two live births.
3. Consider the following statements.
I. Indus Water treaty was signed between India and Pakistan in 1960.
II. Cauvery Water dispute doesn’t include Kerala.
III. The River Boards Act- 1956, provides for the establishment of River Boards for the regulation and development of Inter-state rivers.
Which of the statement given above is / are correct?
a. I & III only
b. II & III only
c. II only
d. All of the above
Answer : a
• The Cauvery/Kaveri dispute over sharing of river water is among the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Puducherry.
• Kaveri river does not flow through Kerala but it has a tributary from Kerala, called Kabani.
4. Consider the following statements.
a. It is released by IUCN, and has a list of threatened species of flora and fauna.
b. It is an international arrest warrant.
c. It is a notice filed with an aviation authority to alert aircraft pilots of potential hazards along a flight route or at a location that could affect the safety of the flight.
d. It is a request to locate and provisionally arrest an individual pending extradition by Interpol.
Identify the correct statement from the above given, regarding Red Notice.
Answer : d
• A Red Notice is a request to locate and provisionally arrest an individual pending extradition.
• It is issued by the General Secretariat of Interpol at the request of a member country or an international tribunal based on a valid national arrest warrant.
• It is not an international arrest warrant.
• IUCN Red List of Threatened Species – released by IUCN, and has a list of threatened species of flora and fauna.
• Notice To Air Men (NOTAM) – It is a notice filed with an aviation authority to alert aircraft pilots of potential hazards along a flight route or at a location that could affect the safety of the flight.
5. UDAN – RCS scheme has been appearing in news repeatedly. Which of the following statements regarding it is correct?
a. It is a scheme for leadership development of minority women.
b. It is a scheme to provide skills training and enhance the employability of unemployed youth of J&K.
c. It is a regional airport development and “Regional Connectivity Scheme” of Civil Aviation ministry.
d. The scheme is to address the low enrolment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions.
Answer : c
• Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik – Regional Connectivity Scheme (UDAN-RCS) – aims to make flying affordable by providing connectivity to un-served and under-served airports of country through revival of existing airstrips and airports so that persons in regional towns are able to take affordable flights
• Option a – Nai Roshni scheme by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
• Option b – UDAAN scheme – is a Special Industry Initiative for Jammu & Kashmir in the nature of partnership between the corporates of India and Ministry of Home Affairs and implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The Scheme covers graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders.
• Option d – UDAAN scheme by CBSE, under the Ministry of HRD