1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has announced Minimum Support Price for which of the following crops?
3. Soya bean
5. De-Husked coconut
a. 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6
b. 1, 2, 4 and 5
c. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
d. All the above
For sugarcane – Fair and Remunerative Prize (FRP) method is used instead of MSP, and is paid by the sugar mill owners to the farmers.
For Bamboo –Though Bamboo is a ‘Minor Forest Produce’ (MFP) and MSP is available for select MFPs, bamboo is not given MSP, as it receives support from other schemes such as ‘National Bamboo Mission’.
2. Basel norms are related to the
a. Maritime security
b. Diplomatic immunity
c. Generic drug production
d. Banking system
Basel – a city in Switzerland on the banks of River Rhine
Basel Accord / Basel standards are developed by the Basel committee Banking Supervision (BCBS)
It has 27 members including India.
3. Match the following
1. White Pagoda A. Karnataka
2. Black Pagoda B. Jagannath Temple ,Puri
3. Hori Habba C. Kerala
4. Thyonina Bijui D. Konark Sun Temple, Odisha
Choose the correct option
a. 1A, 2C, 3D, 4B
b. 1B, 2D, 3A, 4C
c. 1A, 2B, 3C, 4D
d. 1B, 2A, 3C, 4D
Hori Habba – Cattle sport in Karnataka
Thyonina Bijui – endemic sea cucumber found in Kerala coast
4. Choose the INCORRECT statement regarding Blue Flag certification.
1. It is awarded by an NGO – Foundation for Environmental Education
2. India got the first Blue -Flag certified beaches in Asia
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. 1 and 2
d. None of the above
None of the above is incorrect.
Similar name: Blue flag exercise – Airforce exercise by Israel.
5. Visceral Leishmaniasis/ Kala Azar is caused by a parasite called by Leishmania which is a
Sandfly is the host that carries protozoan parasites of Leishmania, that infects humans.