The UPSC has notified the much awaited Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019.
- Last date of application: 18 March 2019 till 6 pm
- Date of Exam: 02 June 2019
- Centres of Exam in Kerala: Kozhikode (Calicut), Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram
- Educational Qualification: Graduation
- Age Limit: A candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
- Fee: 100 ₹ (exception for Female, SC/ST Candidates)
- Plan of Examination: The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages and a third stage of Personality Test.
Stage 1– Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination.
Paper- I, Duration 2 hours
Paper- II, Duration 2 hours
Stage 2– Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
The following is the syllabi of Mains
- Qualifying papers on Indian languages and English
- PAPER-I – Essay
- PAPER-II – GS I – Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
- PAPER-III – GS II – Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International
- PAPER-IV – GS III – Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- PAPER – V – GS IV – Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
- PAPER-VI & PAPER VII – Optional Subject Papers I & II
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about 12 to 13 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year.
Stage 3 – Personality Test
Points to note:
- Since the allotment of Centres is on the “first-apply-first allot” basis, it is advisable that the applicants apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
- E-admit card will be made available in the UPSC website three weeks prior to the date of the exam.
- The UPSC will hold a screening test for selection to IFS (Main) Exam 2019 through the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
- Every candidate appearing at the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination.
- An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be considered as an attempt at the Civil Services Examination.
- If a candidate actually appears in any one paper in the Preliminary Examination, he/she will be considered to have made an attempt at the Examination.
- Notwithstanding the disqualification/cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.
Read the detailed notification at https://upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Final_Notice_CSPE_2019_N.pdf